Wednesday 30 June 2010

My Head Is Spinning


"I don't know what's going on right now. I'm a little foggy, a little dizzy. It's crazy. Crazy!" Robbie Ginepri, American Tennis Player

I know exactly how he feels! I have been getting dizzy spells the last few days, just little ones...but they're becoming more frequent.

My pharmacist warned me about dizzy spells and feeling woozy when I first picked up my script for Eltroxin. She said if I felt a bit weird to head to my GP and get my blood pressure checked, just in case. She claimed that Eltroxin could sometimes cause your blood pressure to plummet, as your body adjusted to it etc.

So I checked my BP at home just now, after my most recent dizzy spell, and its fine (and yes, I have checked the accuracy of my own machine against my doctor's sphygmomanometer). My BP came in at 123/87....at the high end of normal, but not quite into the high-normal range, if that makes sense...but definitely not low, which is what the pharmacist warned me of.

Looking forward to getting my blood tests done again next week, was just discussing with hubby that I *think* I might be going slightly hyper....just a hunch. But the last couple of days I can't sit still, I want to be doing stuff constantly...real ants-in-your-pants, fidgety frustration and anxiousness (without being quite full blown anxiety) to get up and go...do stuff. I'm going to bed stupid late (around 2am) and lying there with my head buzzing to bursting point with thoughts and ideas, because I'm not tired, then up early in the morning raring to go, but with nothing to do, and getting frustrated with that...or with so much to do, but not enough cognitive organisation to get stuck into anything, so I don't know where to start!
I also can't keep a thought in my head for more than 30 seconds, and I imagine trying to hold a sensible conversation with me right now is a total nightmare, as I keep jumping from subject to subject, with no logical train of thought....just blurting things out as they come into my head, because if I don't I'll forget what I was thinking about.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting about the warning - was that for Eltroxin only or levo in general? Check your waking pulse, or resting pulse (after five minutes relaxing) - anything over 85+ could indicate hyperness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume its for levo in general? As far as I can see Eltroxin seems to be levo + salt = yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *think* all levo is with salt as the medical term for it is 'levothyroxine SODIUM' so it has to be mixed with it ... maybe it helps with absorbtion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well it certainly doesn't help the flavour ha ha!

    ReplyDelete