Friday 4 June 2010

Uh oh - New Meds Blues

Took my first dose of Eltroxin this morning...and it went straight through me :(

Checked the data sheet, and sure enough diarrhoea and stomach cramps are listed as a side-effect.

99% sure that its the Eltroxin...as my other meds haven't changed at all in the last 5 days.

I guess only time will tell. At the end of the day, now that I'm technically hypothyroid, there aren't too many options for medication...so my body is just going to have to suck it up princess!

Other than that...I guess I feel OK. Still wiped out, wobbly & tired....but SO nice to sleep in my own bed last night.
Although I still found myself waking up at 2am waiting for my bloods to be taken, waking up at 4am for my blood pressure to be checked, 6am for the drugs trolley, and was most surprised that my surgeon was a "no-show" in my bedroom at 8am...although, if he had turned up, my husband would have been incredibly surprised! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment