Monday 21 June 2010

Too Much Too Soon

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein, Physicist

I was more than a little dumb this weekend.

Cabin fever was driving me up the walls, and buoyed up by my reasonably successful driving adventure on Friday....the opportunity to go camping near the Cork / Limerick border with friends Saturday night was too hard to resist.

And now I'm really sore....simply too much driving, far too soon. The muscles at the side of my neck feel incredibly tight, I can barely move me head, my oesophagus is complaining rudely at even swallowing water, and my chin and throat area are very tender to touch.
Don't even start me on the totally self-inflicted sunburn....I managed to keep the main wound area covered over with a light scarf...but that did nothing to protect my shoulders, which are glowing as I type!

But sure, for views like this, I'll suck up a little extra pain any day!


In other news...I'm still jumping on the scales religiously every Monday morning, even though I'm not currently, consciously dieting (read: eating very badly, if I'm honest!), or really doing any exercise of note...and combined with the fact that I'm currently hypO...I was mystified, and somewhat delighted, to note that I have lost 2lbs in the last 7 days...if only it was this easy when I *am* dieting and exercising properly...

No comments:

Post a Comment