Friday 25 June 2010

Bio Oil for Scars

Yesterday I was given the all-clear by my surgeon to start using Bio Oil.

Many, many people have recommended it for helping to drastically reduce scarring (as well as improving the appearance of stretch marks and uneven skin tone).

Because he used dissolving stitches, and thus I didn't have to go and physically get my stitches taken out, I wasn't sure when to start using it...and my pharmacist had warned me that because Bio Oil is very thin I mustn't use it until the wound was totally sealed...so I waited until my surgeon said it was OK to use it.

Today is the day. Thanks to my lovely Mum I have a 200ml bottle on hand to get started with. And I reckon Amazon looks pretty competitive, price-wise, for sourcing any subsequent bottles I may purchase.

And here, gore fans (and I reckon its safe now for non-gore fans) is the latest scar pics, taken yesterday, 24 days after my thyroidectomy.


You can find out more info on Bio Oil here: www.bio-oil.com

And here's a link to Bio-oil on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment