Thursday 19 February 2009

Ouch!

Woke up yesterday with a sore foot, major hot-spot on the side of my heel (from my work boots I believe).

Went for my daily walk anyway, despite the pain...but had to walk slower, and didn't get so far. Walking whilst favouring my left foot was definitely having an impact on my right leg and lower back, so I backed off and just concentrated on working up a sweat without doing too much more damage...but pleased that I made myself do it, although perhaps in hindsight it was a little foolhardy.

However, this morning I can't put any weight on the foot at all. So I'm absolutely not going to force myself into my walking boots.

But I don't want a rest day today either. I have a busy weekend ahead, and had hoped to bank a rest day for the weekend when I'd struggle to find time to get away from my social commitments.
This weeks self-imposed exercise goal was to do a minimum of 20 mins per day, my preference is walking.

For heaven's sake - I'm just *WALKING* - why is this SO difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment