Sunday 1 February 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

So far so good on the 'smoke-free' front...its been a whole, whopping 6 hours Not quite long enough to officially call myself a non-smoker ha ha!

But I was almost tempted to throw in the non-smoking towel this morning, after an interesting meeting with an unspeakably rude and arrogant microchipping client...a real 'Lady Muck' character, who really made me boil with her superior attitude.
In the end I just drove home, and didn't 'chip the dogs. I was fuming. I do this as a volunteer. I gave up my own time, on a Sunday morning, to accomodate her oh-so-busy-and-oh-so-important life. I'm a volunteer. No-one reimburses me for my petrol (gas). No-one reimburses me for my phone calls. No-one reimburses me for my time. All these things I give freely and willingly. I don't want to be reimbursed for these things. These things, and my expertise with dogs, are my donations towards the SPCA if you like. However, I do expect to be treated in a civil manner. I don't expect to be treated like a common scivvy, nor spoken to like I'm some horrible, inconvenient, piece of dirt on the bottom of her shoe. Grrrrr!
However, rather than having a huge blow-up row with her, I just turned around and drove home, seething and muttering to myself as I drove down her drive......but I didn't rush to the nearest shop and buy a packet of cigarettes, instead I drove to the nearest shop and bought some lovely looking whole-meal baps (bread rolls) for lunch instead.

Oh, I also bought a big fat 2 litre bottle of water....so there's no excuse for not drinking today's water allowance, and then having an emtpy 2 L bottle to fill each and every morning from now on. I'd like to think I turned my negative feelings, after I drove away from the rude person in anger, into a positive outing this morning after all.

Been getting the occasional headache the last couple of days, but I think that's directly connected to that fact that I've been caffeine-free since Thursday evening. I think I read somewhere that headaches were a common withdrawal symptom, so I'm just riding them through, and enjoyng my caffeine-free tea!

Plan for the rest of today.....hubby and I have planned to do as little as possible, and just chill out for the aftternoon and evening. I might even slip back into my pyjamas, then curl up on the sofa with a duvet and a good book...but I'll feel less guilty, because I have at least been out and about, and active this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment