Tuesday 13 April 2010

Stones & Scalpels

Down another 1lb this week, which is OK.
Two 1lb losses in 2 weeks, and since starting these were the only two weekends I've so far spent at home, not drinking alcohol and not eating semi-crap...go figure? Clearly if I go out drinking & carousing over a weekend I lose more weight? Good thing I've got a 3-day music festival coming up at the end of the month!

And, I hesitate to say it, but that's my first stone gone...even though I promised myself, for my own sanity not to count this in stones this time, but instead to stick to 10lb segments...but, well...its my first stone...woo!

In other news, regarding my thyroid...the appointment with my surgeon *was* my pre-op consultation, and I'm now officially on the waiting list, and due to complications with my windpipe being compressed the surgery is supposed to be sooner rather than later. I will be admitted a week beforehand because my thyroid is so toxic that they have to get my levels as near to perfect before the op, otherwise the complications afterwards will be more severe, yikes! So, guys & gals, it could be next week, next month or next year...but more likely to be within the next few months.
I mentioned my GA fears to him, with regards to my weight etc...but he said he's operated on 'larger ladies' with no problems, and the operation really does need to be done ASAP because of the windpipe problem so they are unwilling to let me go too long.
Still, I'm going to keep plugging away with the Xenical as it really is the only thing that has worked for me for years. And I'm now "Double Wii Fit-ing" each day, to really go to task on the cardio and aerobic exercises....overweight or not, I want to be as heart-fit as I can be before the anaesthetist plugs me with happy juice!

As you know, I have Grave's Disease/Hyperthyroidism, complicated by a large, toxic, multi-nodular goitre...however I have only just learned that this pesky goitre has compressed my windpipe down to less than 8mm in diameter!!! Hence the problems I have with breathing, swallowing and snoring like a "pig with bronchitis, on a freight train" I feel I surely should have been informed of this after my CT Scan last summer...I distinctly recall my Endo saying the scan was fine and everything was good...ho hum!

So there you have it...my weekly update...the weight is still coming off, and the surgery plans have been brought drastically forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment