Monday 29 March 2010

Good News & Scary News!

Down 3 lbs this week...woo hoo!

Delighted with that...although I reckon its totally undeserved!

Knowing I was heading into the weekend from hell...with a friend's very messy birthday party on the Saturday night....and an almost-equally boozy night planned with another group of friends on the Friday night, before trying to act naturally in front of a TV camera crew on Saturday morning....meant that I chickened out and stopped the blue pills Thursday evening. Again, I tried to make the best decisions I could, but also knew I wouldn't be punished by over-doing it a little.

So I think my saving grace was Wii Fit Plus....oh how I love that! I did 40 mins each day all last week, and I truly think that is what made the difference and got me over the rocky road that was this weekend just gone.

Ramped it up to a 60 minute session today, and hope to sustain that each day this week....although this evening I'm definitely feeling those extra 20 minutes that I did today...so will go back to 40 mins of daily routines if I'm struggling.

The weather here today was utterly horrible.....cold, cold rain and nasty wind...the dogs didn't want to stay outside for any longer than necessary, and neither did I...so for days like today the Wii Fit Plus is *perfect*!!! Looks like the rest of week is going to be just as horrible, and the forecasters are even talking about snow...so I am delighted I broke the bank and forked out for it. The Wii will more than earn its money this week, that's for sure!

In other news I was kind of confused to receive an appointment letter this morning for the surgeon who's going to be operating on me...for the 8th April....10 days time!!!? I was under the impression that I wasn't going to be seeing him until December....so yikes, now I'm feeling my weight loss is inferior again, and he's going to tell me off for not being a Perfect 10, and tell me that he can't operate, blah blah blah....very curious to see what he says at that appointment, but also dreading it....I thought I had until December to get as much weight as I could off, before I hit the operating table...and now I'm not so sure what is going on at all?
Also had a job interview last Friday....I so badly need a job right now, and so desperately *want* the job I was interviewed for...so any weight loss I may (or may not) show next week will no doubt be due to the fact that I've been chewing my nails down to the knuckles with anxiety, waiting for their decision... I'm meant to be informed by the end of this week.

PS - Anyone else starting to notice a pattern on my weekends...? I really, really need to rein that in....whilst I seem to be getting away with it for now, I know its going to bite me in the arse at some point, and sooner than I think too!

No comments:

Post a Comment