Sunday 17 May 2009

Hot or Cold?

I've always been *hot*...ha ha, no, not in that way!

But I usually love winter, and loathe summer. I overheat in summer, suffer from heat stroke and heat rashes regularly, and any prolonged hot temperatures always made me feel very ill. (well, as hot as it can ever get in Ireland and the UK)
Alternatively, in the winter, I could swan about in flip-flops all winter long, walking the dogs through frosty fields, simply washing mud off my bare feet before I came indoors, and wearing t-shirts and thin cotton trousers all winter long, only resorting to a jacket of any sort when it was raining.

Now I'm tipped over into hypO I've suddenly swapped thermostat, and I find I am permanently cold. NO matter what I do I can't get my feet warm. I go to bed with thick woollen sicks on, worn under my bed socks. Hot water bottle. Electric blanket on. Oil-filled radiator plugged in and t-stat turned up. Poor hubby is trying to sleep, dripping with sweat, while I lie there trying to get warm enough to drop off to sleep. I sit in the study (working) or lounge (lounging, ha ha!), in a fully insulated house, with the central heating on, and despite being fully dressed, several pairs of socks etc I've generally got a hoodie and or a fleece jacket on, often a woolly hat and scarf too, usually at the very least I've got a blanket wrapped around me and I just feel SO cold. Hubby keeps turning the thermostat up for me, the house is intolerably hot for him, yet I just feel constantly chilled. "

No comments:

Post a Comment